Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Hello New Shoes

I'm no Imelda Marcos, but I do love me a good pair of new shoes. As I mentioned earlier it was time for new shoes. Not that I don't love New Balance shoes, but this particular style just wasn't made for the kind of training I needed to do in them.


Before going to look at shoes in person I did some online research to see what kinds of shoes were out there. Last year I trained in the Pearl Izumi Synchrofuel. The shoes were great and I never got a single blister, but they were a little too firm in the heel. I also like to change things up and see if maybe there is a better shoe out there for me. So after reading the Runner's World 2011 Summer Shoe guide to get some ideas, I headed down to Pacer's in Old Town Alexandria and wow were they helpful. I walked right in and was immediately helped. I told them what I was training for and what I had trained in before and in 5 minutes they brought me three different shoes to start off with. I also got some more information about the Synchrofuels that I didn't know, such as their lack of seams is why I didn't get any blisters.


Anywho, I tried on three different shoes, one made by Brooks, one by Saucony and one by New Balance. Some people need to try out a bunch of different shoes and jog a bit in them before they make a decision. I am not one of those people. After taking a walk to the door and doing a bit of jogging in place I knew which shoe was for me. Ultimately I went with the Brooks Ravenna 2, which also had the added bonus of having bright blue laces (my favorite color). The shoes felt extremely comfortable and light and I loved the way they felt when I ran. I've done some runs in them and I am in love. Below is a quick pic I snapped of the shoes before a run, but the poor lighting doesn't do them justice (although aren't the blue laces soo pretty!) I will try to snap some more later on that capture their awesomeness.

No comments:

Post a Comment